75 young equestrians from all over NSW have been selected to attend the prestigious 25th Annual Pony Club NSW State Camp being held at Sydney International Equestrian Centre from the 7th-12th January 2018.
The Pony Club NSW State Camp brings together talented young equestrian riders to receive instruction and training from some of Australia’s best coaches in Showjumping, Dressage, Eventing, Horsemanship & Mounted Games. Famous equestrians including Olympian Shane Rose have attended the Pony Club NSW State Camp in the past, making it one of the best training opportunities for young riders in the State.
Riders aged between 15 and 25 will be accommodated at the Equestrian Centre and receive two coaching sessions per day while also enjoying social games including volleyball, trivia and industry seminars during the evenings. The Sydney International Equestrian Centre provides the best facility for the camp with on-site stables, cabins, camping areas, arenas and the Olympic Cross Country Course.
This year, sponsored by Club Colours Direct, State Camp provides an opportunity for many riders to improve their skills and performance in preparation for the 11 State Championships Pony Club NSW has to offer in 2018.
Thank you to the wonderful sponsors of the 2018 State Camp; Club Colours Direct, Horseland, Australia’s HorseWyse Magazine and Ego Sun Sense.
- Expressions of Interest are being called for members of the 2019 Nationals Sub-Committee, NSW will be hosting the Pony Club Australia National Championship in 2019 and we are seeking EOI for two positions on the Sub- Committee please see the EOI in the link below to be returned by 31st December 2017. Find out more here!
- Expressions of Interest are being sought for suitably qualified persons who would like to be part of a complaint tribunal reference list, the aim is to have a pool of people who are interested and qualified for complaint handling, mediation and complaint tribunals please see the link below for EOI to be returned by the 31st December 2017. The aim is to have a large enough reference list so that members are not overtaxed and only called upon of a maximum once per year. Find out more here!
- Nominations for State Executive Committee Positions are now open, nominations and a resumes are due 31st January 2018 for any member who is interested in one of these positions please note that position holders must be a Zone Delegate to State Council meetings. Find out more here!
- Pony Club Australia have recently announced an exciting partnership with Mitsubishi Australia for members to receive fleet discounts on any new Mitsubishi purchase: http://www.ponyclubaustralia.com.au/Resources/MitsubishiAustralia.aspx
INTERNATIONAL TEAMS 2018
Did you know that Pony Club Australia will be sending FOUR Teams to International Championships next year?
- - International Mounted Games - UK
- - International Tetrathlon - USA
- - International Showjumping - France
- - International Polocrosse - UK
- - International Gymkhana & Showjumping - China
Applications for Team Members, Team Managers and Coaches are now available on our website - Entries will close 3rd February. Find out all the information here: http://www.pcansw.org.au/media/news/international-teams-2018
Contact the PCA NSW State Office to get involved.
SYDNEY ROYAL PONY CLUB EVENTS
Sydney Royal Pony Club Entries will close on 10th January at the State Office – don’t miss out, contact your Club or Zone and see the entry forms here: http://www.pcansw.org.au/events/state-interstate-events
Showgirl Equestrian Profile of the Month
November: Erin Brown from Berrima District Pony Club in Zone 10!
December: Molly Michell-Smith from Narrabri Pony Club in Zone 5!
Showgirl Equestrian & Equestrian News are the proud sponsors of the PCANSW Profile of the Month Competition! We will be announcing one lucky winner every month to receive an amazing prize from Showgirl Equestrian and have their profile featured in the Equestrian News Magazine and State Newsletter!
To celebrate Showgirl Equestrian’s partnership with Pony Club NSW, Showgirl Equestrian is offering a huge 20% off any purchase for Pony Club NSW members. Just enter the promotional code: PCNSW20 at the checkout to receive your discount! View the great range of riding attire: http://showgirlequestrian.com.au/ or call 1300 043 112 to find out more!
Enter the Showgirl Equestrian Profile of the Month Competition here.
2018 State Championships
- 2018 State Showriding & Dressage Championships - 25th - 28th January - Hawkesbury Showground, Clarendon - ENTRIES NOW CLOSED
- 2018 State Sporting, Campdraft & Team Penning Championships - 14th-16th April - North Dorrigo Showground View Schedule here
- 2018 State Showjumping & Jumping Equitation Championships - 7th-10th July - Morisset Showground
- 2018 State Mounted Games & Team Sporting Championships - 29th Sept-1st October - Cobargo Showground
- 2018 State Combined Training & One Day Event Championships - 6th & 7th October - Venue TBA
UPCOMING SCHOOL DATES
3rd & 4th March: State Instructors School – Canberra Riding Club, Zone 16
14th & 15th April: Regional Dressage School – Young, Zone 2
28th & 29th April: Regional Showjumping School – Young, Zone 2
12th & 13th May: Course Design Clinic – Club Macquarie, Zone 24
19th & 20th May: Regional Equitation School – Marulan, Zone 27
Pony Club NSW distributes four newsletters throughout the year via an online publication that is emailed out to our subscribers. If you haven’t subscribed already, visit our website, select ‘Subscribe’ under the Media/Newsletter tab.
If you would like to advertise your business in the Pony Club NSW State Newsletter, spaces are filling, please email email@example.com to organise.
OPEN DAY INIATIVES
Clubs and Zones wishing to hold an Open Day in 2018 are requested to notify the Marketing Coordinator Leanna Haines by email firstname.lastname@example.org . Clubs that hold an open day will receive a great range of Pony Club NSW promotional products as well as goodies from some of our wonderful sponsors. Please visit our website under the Club & Zone Management/Management Resource/Marketing Your Club tab for more information.
PONY CLUB NSW YEAR BOOK
The Pony Club Association of NSW has produced a high quality photographic year book of the highlights for 2017. The book features all of the major state events starting with the 2017 State Camp. Included are the reports, results and photographs from our State Championships and the Pony Club Australia National Championships. The Year Books can be purchased for $50 by filling in the order form available from our website under the Club & Zone Management/Merchandise tab and returning with payment to the office. Books will be ordered in one bulk order, please allow up to 21 days for delivery. The Year Book is a 60 page, hard cover, colour book, 33.5cm wide and 27cm high. Past Year Books are also for sale just specify the year.
Have you seen our new Online Store? Purchase all your Pony Club merchandise and apparel here through a safe and secure online payment system.