National Senior Mounted Games Championships
- Held bi-annually at the PCA Nationals with all other disciplines. Riders must be 16 years and under 25 years in the year of competition. A squad of fifteen may be selected from nominations received as determined from time to time.
National Prince Philip Mounted Games Championships
- Held annually with each state taking it in turns to host the event. Riders must be 16 years or under as at 1st January in the year of competition.
- The New South Wales team is selected from the Mounted Games Training Squad.
- Fifteen riders make up the squad and train once a month throughout the year in addition to putting on displays.
- Ten riders are chosen at the State Mounted Games Championships or on specified Squad Selection dates to form the Squad.
- Nominations are open to exceptional riders aged 12 years up to those riders turning 16 years during the year of competition and must hold a minimum ‘C’ certificate.
PONY CLUB National ChampionshipS
- The disciplines of Dressage, Showjumping, Eventing, Tetrathlon and Mounted Games, are held every two years.
- The first National Championships, "Towards 2000", was held in 1995 at Wagga Wagga. The concept of a national championship was introduced after Sydney was granted the hosting rights of the 2000 Olympic Games to assist and encourage all Pony Clubbers to strive for their Olympic dreams. Since the inaugural event, National Championships have been held as follows;
- 2019 - 7-13 October at Sydney International Equestrian Centre, New South Wales
- 2017 - 16-23 September at Toowoomba Showgrounds, Queensland
- 2015 - 29 September - 4 October at Murray Bridge Racecourse, South Australia
- 2013 - 26-30 September at WA State Equestrian Centre, Brigadoon
- 2011 - 26-1 October at Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre, Victoria
- 2009 - 12-18 July at Sydney International Equestrian Centre, New South Wales
- 2007 - 1-8 July at Toowoomba, Queensland
- 2005 - 'Go West' at Brigadoon, Western Australia
- 2002 - 'Beyond 2000' at Roseworthy College, South Australia
- 1999 - 'The Final Countdown' at Werribee, Victoria
- 1997 - 'One Step Closer' at Roseworthy College, South Australia
- 1995 - ‘Towards 2000’ at Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
Visit the Pony Club Australia National Championship website for more information: www.ponyclubnationals.org.au
2019 thoroughbred industry careers Pony Club Australia National Championships
Schedule is now available for the championship, please see below in the downloads section.
Hosted by NSW to be held at the Sydney International Equestrian Centre on the 7th - 13th October 2019.
Applications for the Long List have now closed.
Riders who have submitted their long list applications will then have until the 19th July 2019 to document performances on the Update Form.
Update forms as attached, are due no later than the 19th July 2019, and will only be taken from those riders who have submitted their names to the Long List, no late nominations will be accepted for any reason.
Interested in volunteering at the 2019 Thoroughbred Industry Careers Pony Club Australia Nationals Championships? Please fill out the expression of interest here.