EOI for Riders to Train Horses for 2019 National Showjumping
Posted: Mon, 3rd Dec 2018
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR RIDERS TO TRAIN HORSES FOR THE 2019 PONY CLUB AUSTRALIA INTERNATIONAL SHOWJUMPING CHALLENGE
PCA NSW is hosting the Pony Club National Championships at SIEC from 7th – 13th October and is required to provide horses for an international show jumping competition.
Three International teams will be competing, requiring horses for 12 riders. Racing NSW has offered to supply horses from its rehoming scheme. These horses will need to be educated and prepared for this competition. Pony Club riders are being given the opportunity to participate in the training of these horses under the guidance of former international rider turned Racing NSW trainer Paul Athanasoff.
To be eligible for selection riders must have the following credentials:-
- Be a current financial member of PCANSW
- Be between 12 and 25 years of age.
- Have experience in riding young green horses.
- Hold a PCA “C” Certificate.
- Hold or have held a PCANSW B grade or higher jumping card.
- Current Working With Children Check legislation will also apply therefore all attendees aged 18 years or older will be required to hold a current WWCC registration number to be verified by the state office.
The riders will be required to attend the following:-
- 3 - 4 day training camps riding these horses during school holidays. (Parents will be required to attend with riders who are under 18 years of age).
- Competitions and training outings.
Potential candidates must be confident and capable of training ex-racehorses to the level required. The horses will be for sale after the event and the training riders will be given first option on these horses.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted by 17 December 2018 and can be found here.