Risk management involves minimising risks facing PONY CLUB, affiliated clubs and their members (collectively referred to as the Sport), whether appearing in the form of financial loss or physical injury or damage or abuse.
It includes a number of steps summarised as follows:
- Identifying risks which threaten the wellbeing of the Sport;
- Assessing the importance of those risks and the consequences to the Sport if they are ignored. The focus generally is on safety issues and minimising potential litigation;
- Designing a process to eliminate or minimise those risks;
- Taking all possible steps to comply with that process; and
- Constantly reviewing the process so that it can be improved and grow to suit the needs of the sport.
Below you can download all related forms and further information.
- Safe Work Australia - www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au
- WorkCover Australia - www.workcover.nsw.gov.au
- Code of Practice: Managing Risks when New or Inexperienced riders or handlers interact with horses in the workplace - see downloads section below
- Incident Notification Fact Sheet - see downloads section below
- Thermal Comfort Observations for NSW and the ACT for use in the Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) test for events: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN65179.shtml