2023 THOROUGHBRED INDUSTRY CAREERS RULES FOR PONY RACE
Posted: Tue, 6th Dec 2022
Entries Open Now
Entries are now open for the Thoroughbred Industry Careers Pony Races.
The race will be held on Australia Day the 26th January 2023 at Warwick Farm Race Course.
We are seeking confident riders aged between 10-12 years old with a fit pony under 13 hands. You must be able to ride the 500m track and you must be available for a try out day early in January at Warwick Farm (Date TBC), and also a practice day on the 24th January 2023.
Applications close the 21st December to apply follow the link below.
1. Must be a current member of Pony Club Australia
2. Apply through the PCA expressions of Interest (questionnaire/photo’s)
3. Background checks through Pony Club’s instructors
4. Rider’s age checked through the PCA database
5. Ponies’ heights to be checked through PCA database
6. RIDERS must be able to attend the practice session
7. Correct size ratio of Child to Pony – i.e., children not to be too big for the pony
8. Ponies much be between 12- 13hh or under and riders must be 10-12yrs
9. Pony fitness – ponies must be fit and sound
10. Only polite behaviour of parents and riders
11. No artificial aids to be used
12. Simple bits (nothing too severe)
13. White jodhpurs (or equivalent) fine to use with short or long boots (black or tan)
14. Stirrups can go up a bit but not too short.
15. Walking starts in a line for the start of the race
16. Riders must pace their ponies so that they have enough fuel at the end.
17. Riders to stay in control and in their lanes during the race, no crossing over in front of other riders.
18. Both raceday and practice session will be filmed, photographs will be taken etc, imagery will be owned and used by TIC and their partners – media wavers to be signed by parents at the practice.
19. Ponies to be fed their usual diet leading into the race, please do not increase their grain intake.