Covid-19 Update December 2020
Posted: Thu, 3rd Dec 2020
Various updates have been announced regarding Record Keeping and Community Sports gatherings
The easing of restrictions includes updated information for community sport and recreation activities, including the following fro Monday 7th of December:
Gatherings in outdoor public spaces:
- Up to 100 people for outdoor gatherings (up from 50).
- Up to 5,000 people for outdoor events that are fenced, ticketed and seated (subject to the 2sqm rule).
- Up to 3,000 people for other organised outdoor events i.e. community sport and outdoor protests (subject to the 2sqm rule).
Stadiums and theatres
- Outdoors: 100 per cent seated capacity, and 1 person per 2sqm rule for unstructured seating areas.
- Indoors: 75 per cent seated capacity.
At this point in time, the Public Health Order and COVID-19 Safety Plans relating to this announcement are yet to be updated. All organisations are reminded they will need to review these documents once published in the coming days.
Keep a record of name, contact number and entry time for all staff, volunteers, participants, spectators and contractors attending community sports activities, where this is practicable, for a period of at least 28 days. Electronic collection (e.g. using a QR code) of contact details for each person is strongly encouraged. Any paper records must be entered into an electronic format such as a spreadsheet within 12 hours. Records must be provided as soon as possible, but within 4 hours, upon request from an authorised officer.
Please find a QR Code "how to" below to streamline your event.
Planning your End of Year Function - Find more advice here from the Office of Sport.