Posted: Tue, 1st Sep 2020
Five new grants are open for clubs to apply for now!
Local Sport Grant Program
The $4.6 million Local Sport Grant Program aims to increase regular and ongoing participation opportunities in sport and active recreation in NSW.
The Program will help support projects that:
- Increase regular and on-going participation in sport
- Increase participation and access for women, girls & population groups with low participation rates
- Assist sporting clubs in providing quality service to their members and the local community
Each application will be assessed on 4 criteria:
- The project will deliver on one or more of the program’s objective and demonstrates alignment to the Office of Sport Strategic Plan
- The project meets an identified need
- Demonstrates the capacity & experience to deliver the project
- The budget is reasonable and cost-effective
For more information on eligibility and to apply, visit the Office of Sport website now and, if eligible, submit an application by 5pm 7 October 2020.
2020 Supplmentary Grant
The 2020 Supplementary Grants are designed to support the efforts of New South Wales’ volunteers as well as to encourage and increase participation in volunteering by on-funding grants to provide small amounts of money that organisations and community groups can use to help their volunteers. The supplementary volunteer grants are designed to support volunteer involving organisations to:
- Help support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- Help support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- Encourage, support, and increase participation in volunteering
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers
- Adapting practices to support volunteer safety in relation to COVID-19
Not-for-profit organisations with at least 40% of their workforce as volunteers can apply for grants of between $1,000 to $5,000. A total pool of $748,000 is available across NSW and applications close on Sunday, 20 September 2020 . To find out more or apply, please click here .
Active Kids Grants
The Active Kids Grants aim to provide every child with the active childhood they deserve! By helping your club with additional funds to supply them with the equipment they need, we can help increase junior participation to your club.
In light of the devastating events Australian Sport has experienced this year, the grants will be focusing on volunteer run grassroots and community clubs and will provide funding for kit and equipment for with members aged under 20, with priority given to clubs in disadvantaged and/or rural communities.
Applications will be accepted from 1 September to 30 September with suggested grant values up to $10,000 to fund your projects that will acquire sporting equipment, sporting kits and uniforms.
EQUESTRIAN FIRE RELIEF AUSTRALIA
Thanks to Equestrian Fire Relief Australia (EFRA) we are excited to announce a new grant to support equestrians in Australia’s bushfire affected areas.
The EFRA Grants will support equestrian welfare, wellbeing and return to participation in equestrian sports by assisting the recovery of the equestrian community to help repair or replace essential items damaged or lost in the recent bushfires.
Who can apply?
We invite all individuals, organisations and clubs who were impacted by the bushfires from November 2019- March 2020 to apply. All applicants must be registered with the Australian Sports Foundation. Please note that if you are not a Representative athlete at state, territory or national level you will need to apply through your local sports club.
Applications will be accepted from 1 September to 30 September with suggested grant values up to $15,000 to fund your projects that will repair or replace essential items damaged or lost in the recent bushfires.
The Local Sport Defibrillator Grant Program
The Local Sport Defibrillator Grant Program provides NSW sports clubs and councils the opportunity to acquire an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) package for their club or sports club or sports facility at a reduced cost.
Up to $1 million in grants is available to eligible sporting clubs and facility owners to purchase and maintain AEDs.
An AED package will include:
- An AED
- AED familiarisation instruction
- A minimum of six years of essential AED maintenance
For information on eligibility, assessment dates, and approved providers, visit the Office of Sport website now. If eligible, submit an application before 12 April 2021.