Her Sport Her Way Awards - Nominate Now!
Posted: Wed, 23rd Dec 2020
Recognising outstanding achievements in the advancement of women in sport
Nominations are now open for the Her Sport Her Way Awards. The awards recognise and celebrate the achievement of women leaders in sport and the efforts of the sector throughout 2020 in helping provide opportunities for girls and women to get active in NSW.
There are five award categories:
- Young Achiever: Recognises an individual under 25 who has made a significant contribution to the advancement of women or girls in sport during the 2020 calendar year.
- Local Champion: Recognises a woman involved at club or community level sport for their contribution and commitment to increasing opportunities for women and girls during the 2020 calendar year.
- Outstanding Organisation: Recognises an organisation’s significant contribution and commitment to the advancement sport for women and girls during the 2020 calendar year.
- Trailblazers: Recognises up to three women per year whose exceptional efforts over the long-term have removed barriers for women and girls in sport and made it easier for them to participate and succeed. Trailblazers’ efforts have left a legacy for their sport that will not be forgotten.
- Champion: Recognises a woman for her outstanding achievements during 2020, as a coach, official, administrator or leader, and a commitment to furthering opportunities for women and girls to participate.
Recipients will be announced at an event around International Women's Day in March 2021.
Individuals and sporting organisations are strongly encouraged to nominate an outstanding coach, official, administrator or leader who has made a significant contribution to inclusive sport for women. Full details are included in the Award Guidelines.
Nominations will close 14 January 2021.