Marketing & State Events Coordinator position available
Posted: Wed, 24th Sep 2014
We currently have an opportunity for a Marketing and State Events Coordinator to fill a 12 month full time maternity leave contract position based at our Wollongong Office. The successful applicant will need to be available to start from the 25th Nov.
The Pony Club Association of NSW is the peak state sporting organisation for pony clubs in NSW. Pony Club NSW is a not-for-profit organisation with all net income generated through club and event management invested into the development of horse riding in NSW through targeting grassroots, and elite development programs, competitions and education programs.
Pony Club NSW has over 270 clubs with over 15, 500 members. These clubs include riding members up to the age of 25, and non-riding members such as parents and coaches. Such institutions represent the absolute grassroots level of horse riding in NSW. Some of the activities provided by Pony Club in NSW include training and competition in dressage, jumping (showjumping and jumping equitation), cross country, sporting, mounted games, polocrosse, trail rides, campdrafting, show riding, eventing and many others.
Recent university graduates and current or past Pony club members are encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities include
- Website & Social Media Maintenance
- Pursue advertising in relevant mediums
- Produce Media Releases
- Produce marketing material including, bi-monthly ‘E- News’, annual Yearbook & quarterly Newsletter
- Promote Pony Club NSW and increase overall membership numbers
- Secure sponsorships and liaise with sponsors
- Apply for Grants
- State Championship event management including; booking accommodation, inviting judges and officials, producing event programs and competitors draw, purchasing trophies and ribbons, securing sponsorship. (We have nine state championships annually.)
- National Championship event management including: liaising with the Executive Officer and State Executive in regard to selections, organising uniforms, processing paperwork and liaising with the host State. (Held bi-annually).
- State High Performance Camp event management including; book venue, catering, equipment, uniforms, invite judges and officials and book accommodation and flights. (Held once annually.)
- Sport Management and/or Marketing qualifications and/or relevant work experience
- Computer literate, with a broad understanding of Microsoft office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a small office team environment
- Drivers licence
Applications close 5:00 pm Monday 20th October 2014. Please contact Kerren Britton on 02 4229 8977 should you require further information.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to:
The Pony Club Association of NSW
Either via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: P O Box 2085, Wollongong NSW 2500