State Camp Postponement
Posted: Mon, 24th Feb 2020
The 2020 State Camp has been postponed to the 14th - 18th of July 2020 at the Sydney International Equestrian Centre
There have been whispers, but now it's official! We are absolutely thrilled to announce that State Camp will now be postponed to July 14th-18th 2020 and we will be opening up applications again for a very limited number of positions!
Applications are now open, and can be found here.
Applications must be signed off by your club and zone officials, and be at the State Office by 5pm on April 22nd 2020. EDIT 27/4/20 - ENTRIES NOW EXTENDED UNTIL 22nd MAY 2020.
The Pony Club NSW State Camp brings together the top 75 riders in the disciplines of Dressage, Showjumping, Eventing, Mounted Games, Advanced Horsemanship and Sporting. The camp is usually held in January every year from Sunday to Friday at the Sydney International Equestrian Centre (SIEC), however in 2020 had to be postponed due to the threat of bushfires. Riders receive instruction from top Instructors and lectures from horse industry professionals.
The Camp is open to Pony Club members who;
- Are financial members for the year of the State Camp.
- Will be aged 15 to 24 inclusive on the first day; (Excluding Mounted Games – riders aged 14 or 15 years)
- Have passed their "C" certificate;
- Are of State Championship standard in their chosen discipline;
- Will be mounted on a suitable horse to maximise benefit from top instructors;
- Are recommended by their Club and have satisfactory attendance at Pony Club instructional rally days (must have attended at least 3 rally days in the preceding 12 months, copy of attendance card to be included);
- Are recommended by their Zone Chief Instructor as a worthy Pony Club member of sufficient standard;
- Have their horse microchipped.
Applicants must apply on the official application form which will be available on this website each year. The application form asks questions about your performances in Pony Club and outside competition, certificates achieved, previous instructional schools attended, experience with other horses etc. It is very important that the application form is filled in carefully and correctly, as this information will be used to select participants.
The selectors are also looking for Pony Club members who regularly attend their Club rallies, have performances at State Championships and also at Club and Zone level, have performed well in open competition and have been riding the particular horse for a substantial period of time. You must nominate on a particular horse and most details will pertain to that particular horse. Major requirements of State Camp applicants are enthusiasm, a desire to learn and improve and be willing to try your hardest.
Photo of the Dressage group at the 2019 State Camp taken by Ian Vaughan Photography.