In a combined initiative, Riding for the Disabled Association Limited (RDA) and Pony Club Australia Incorporated (PCA) have created pathways and initiatives which will allow riders with a disability to participate in a variety of equestrian activities. This has been achieved through the development and implementation of a Disability Action Plan. The Disability Action Plan focuses on the four key areas of:
- disability education
- classifier support and training
- athlete support
Please note the following updates from the July 2013 meetings.
That the amended Sports Connect Procedure be adopted by the association.
Sports Connect Procedure
- Rider completes the Exemption application form
- Rider includes a signed doctors certificate outlining disability
- Rider supplies the above paperwork to their Zone Chief Instructor
- The Zone Chief Instructor contacts their local Riding for Disabled Association (RDA) to request a suitable person/coach to help with review of exemption for rider and if necessary arrange for rider to be viewed
- Recommendation letter from ZCI and RDA representative to accompany exemption application and doctors certificate which will them be sent to the State Office
- If no local RDA centre is available the ZCI to contact the State Office to make other arrangements
- If the letter is a recommendation in support, then an official PCANSW exemption card will be sent from the State Office.
Further details are available for download below.